Chattin' with Joni

July 14, 2011

2011 Emmy Nominations!

The Dudes just got nominated for a bunch of Emmys! In addition to Jorm and Akiva being nominated for "Outstanding Writing For A Variety, Music or Comedy Series" with the rest of the SNL writers, The Dudes were also nominated three times in one category "Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics" for "I Just Had Sex (ft. Akon)", "Jack Sparrow (ft. Michael Bolton)", and "3-Way (The Golden Rule)(ft. Justin Timberlake & Lady GaGa).

26 Comments:

Blogger Troy Blackford said...
Congrats! This is only news because most people are boring - if everyone were cool there wouldn't even be noms, just awards given to Lonely Island, Stephen King, and Depeche Mode + Arcade Fire every year they didn't die.
7/14/2011 3:18 PM  

Blogger Troy Blackford said...
Three of the six song noms just blows my mind..... so deserved.
7/14/2011 4:36 PM  

Blogger elisabeth said...
Congrats on all the nominations! You guys rule!
7/14/2011 7:41 PM  

Blogger Sound Virus said...
you should get ALL the emmy's. you're so freakin' talented
PS nice bunny (the drawing on the right)
7/14/2011 8:05 PM  

Blogger Emma said...
i love you guys! <3
7/14/2011 10:30 PM  

Blogger Amanda said...
Congrats! I love you guys, and you all definitely deserve this.
You should totally do a song with Neil Patrick Harris sometime in the near future!
7/14/2011 11:33 PM  

Blogger Monica said...
Wow, you deserved it, congrats :)
7/15/2011 8:04 AM  

Blogger Filip R said...
That's Ka-Blamo!
7/15/2011 9:17 AM  

Blogger KingMcBig@FB said...
Do a song with NPH and Eminem !
7/15/2011 11:22 AM  

Blogger Mizcellophane said...
Trying to get a Lonely Island T-Shirt printed on Threadless. Help support!
Link: http://threadless.com/submission/354672/Do_The_Creep
7/15/2011 7:58 PM  

Blogger luz meteórica said...
muchas felicidades, saludos desde Chile
(learn spanish)
7/16/2011 9:27 PM  

Blogger conwaymic said...
Hate to rain on your Emmy parade, but I think you better get this to Andy:

http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/5vvr
7/18/2011 12:30 PM  

Blogger lilldjupa said...
just wanna send a big love from small Sweden.
Me and my babygirl listen to lots of your songs on both Youtube and the phone all day long. Can't really tell who likes it the most! (;
//malin and jamie
7/18/2011 1:46 PM  

Blogger Ellie Loves SNL said...
YAY! I love you guys, and know that you will totally be walking away with Emmy's!
BTW: One of my favorite songs of yours is Jack Sparrow, mostely because it's amazing, but also because Captain Jack Sparrow and Forest Gump have been involved in inside jokes with my friends for years. When I saw it on TV I was so excited that I just stood in my room screaming for like ten minutes after it was over! I swear you guys can read my mind!

Best of Luck!
7/19/2011 2:19 AM  

Blogger Hotdog Dale said...
NICE ONE LONELY ISLAND !!!

THE WORLD NEEDS US !!!!
7/20/2011 7:12 AM  

Blogger Lluan Alves said...
LONELY ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MORE CD'S PLEASE!
7/20/2011 4:13 PM  

Blogger White Girl Waisted said...
WHERE DO I START LONELY ISLANDS CONGRATS!!!!! YALL ARE SOOOO FUNNY AND TALENTED YALL DESERVE IT! I LOVE YOU GUYS SOOOO MUCH! IM STUCK WORKING AT MY DADS OFFICE ALL DAY AND YALLS MUSIC MAKES THE WHOLE DAY BETTER THANK YOU! YALL ARE AWESOME:)

PS YOU ROCK MY SOCKS OF JORMA!!!!!!!!
7/20/2011 6:19 PM  

Blogger Sienna-Rose said...
AHH! Congrats dudes!!!!! I friggen love you all so much!! especially andy :']! is there any chance you will ever come to england!?!? my dream is to meet you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please please please come!! love you dudes!
7/21/2011 1:26 PM  

Blogger Bethany('; said...
I second what Sienna-Rose said ^, pleeease come to england! on tour? :') we love you soo much, you really deserve to win these emmys :'D and, i've said it before, but andy's really hot. ;'D lmao

much love ♥
7/22/2011 4:32 PM  

Blogger Rod Kimble said...
YES! you guys deserve every award out there! keep making music <3
7/23/2011 4:59 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congrats! I just noticed you guys are with universal. So's Alice Cooper... Hint hint hint.... :)

Keep hittin' that shit!
7/26/2011 8:44 AM  

Blogger Lisandro said...
Hace poco que los escucho pero me tienen fascinado jeje.

No se si leen o no su página pero felicitaciones por esa nominación. Espero ver más trabajo de ustedes.

Un abrazo desde Argentina.
7/27/2011 9:46 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Awesome :)
7/28/2011 7:34 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I love these dudes so much :)
7/28/2011 7:42 PM  

Blogger thatskablamo said...
You guys rock and totally deserve it! Good luck!
8/07/2011 10:15 PM  

Blogger lilballa050 said...
you three should collaberate with these 2 for something... they have great ideas!

Copy and paste the link below to check out one of their characters
http://youtu.be/rBSO7Au4VTA
8/23/2011 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home