Chattin' with Joni

January 20, 2011

International Bidness Part 2: Beta Testing!

A lot of people reported not being able to see videos internationally still. So we need your help! If you are international and have trouble watching an SNL Digital Short on HULU, please put in the comments which video you were trying to watch and from where. We're directly reporting your problems to HULU and they're trying to fix this for us. Thanks for beta testing!
UPDATE: Just to clarify, HULU is for the USA only, but we've received special permission for SNL Digital Shorts to be International, but only SNL Digital Shorts. So please, only tell us about SNL Digital Shorts. Thanks!

85 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...
I'm in Paris (France) and i can't see all video of SNL because i'm not in USA...

Normal ?
1/20/2011 3:08 AM  

Blogger Jennilee Murray said...
I'm in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, and all HULU videos are not working. The error message each time is that the videos are not available in my region at this time. :/
1/20/2011 3:10 AM  

Blogger icunurok said...
Same for Belgium!
1/20/2011 3:15 AM  

Blogger Virtuesque said...
Err, I'm from Belgium too and Hulu works for me. I just watched 5 SNL shorts without any problem. ISP is VOO btw, for the record.
1/20/2011 3:40 AM  

Blogger Dan P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
1/20/2011 3:52 AM  

Blogger Dan P said...
Norway here. I haven't tried every video, but I was able to view most of them. These videos were unavailable in my country:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/141564/saturday-night-live-backstage-boombox#s-p3-sr-i2
http://www.hulu.com/watch/1378/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-apocalypto-recut#s-p16-sr-i2

These require me to sign up, so I haven't been able to check them:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/73454/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-like-a-boss-uncensored#s-p7-sr-i2
http://www.hulu.com/watch/73450/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-im-on-a-boat-uncensored#s-p7-sr-i2
http://www.hulu.com/watch/73123/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-motherlover-uncensored#s-p7-sr-i2
http://www.hulu.com/watch/1596/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-dk-in-a-box-uncensored#s-p15-sr-i2
1/20/2011 3:53 AM  

Blogger Stefan said...
http://www.hulu.com/watch/42614/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-giraffes
http://www.hulu.com/watch/17201/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-sloths
http://www.hulu.com/watch/1588/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-doppleganger
http://www.hulu.com/watch/187729/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-i-broke-my-arm
http://www.hulu.com/watch/1603/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-united-way
http://www.hulu.com/watch/4192/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-body-fuzion
http://www.hulu.com/watch/1378/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-apocalypto-recut
http://www.hulu.com/watch/4188/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-harpoon-man
http://www.hulu.com/watch/2348/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-peyote
http://www.hulu.com/watch/1428/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-the-tangent
http://www.hulu.com/watch/47606/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-virgania-horsens-pony-express
http://www.hulu.com/watch/16387/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-laser-cats-3
http://www.hulu.com/watch/59196/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-virgania-horsens-hot-air-balloon-rides

Does not work in sweden
1/20/2011 4:07 AM  

Blogger Stefan said...
All videos (i think) can be found here: http://www.hulu.com/search?query=%22SNL+Digital+Short%22

If you want to try them in your countries.
1/20/2011 4:08 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...
Doesn't work in germany...
1/20/2011 4:14 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...
im in Israel and some im not able to watch, such as " i broke my arm - digital short" thats just one of them.
1/20/2011 4:28 AM  

Blogger Dan P said...
Still Norway here.
I managed to register at Hulu and the uncensored videos are working in Norway.
That means that the only Digital Shorts I have not been able to play in Norway are these two:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/141564/saturday-night-live-backstage-boombox#s-p3-sr-i2
http://www.hulu.com/watch/1378/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-apocalypto-recut#s-p16-sr-i2

The rest are working.
1/20/2011 5:43 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...
In the Czech Republic and I can't watch any of them. Hulu actually shuts me down before I even click to load a video with a lovely pop-up window saying it's not possible at this time, but they'll apparently let me know when Hulu is available in my region.
1/20/2011 6:01 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...
Same in Sydney, Australia.

If you idiots went to the Hulu website you would read "Sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed from within the United States".

Even the wikipedia site says it is only available in the US. "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulu"
1/20/2011 6:10 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...
Update: I can stream directly from the Lonely Island website even though it's Hulu. I just can't watch them on Hulu or on FB. Not really sure how that works...
1/20/2011 6:16 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...
I'm in Australia and get the message "Sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed from within the United States"
1/20/2011 6:27 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...
UK - all Mac Grubers, Giraffes!, Sloths!, Body Fuzion, United Way, Harpoon Man, Apocalypto recut, I Broke My Arm. And nothing on the SNL website (just the promos)
1/20/2011 6:41 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/stumblin
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/i-broke-my-arm
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-9-betty-white
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-8-barkley
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/snl-promo-justin-timberlake
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-7-macgyver
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/virgania-horsens-pony-express
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/giraffes
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/jam-the-vote
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-6-Josh-Brolin
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-5-shia-labeouf
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/snl-promo-roof-garden (expired)
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/laser-cats-3-d
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-4-jonah-hill
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/virgania-horsens-balloon-rides
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-3-seth-rogen
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/dog-lover (not becouse the region)
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-2-molly-shannon
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/united-way
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/sloths
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/body-fuzion
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/nurse-nancy (music copyright issues)
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-1-jeremy-piven
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/apocalypto-recut
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/harpoon-man
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/peyote (expired)
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/ariel-and-efrim
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/doppleganger
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/the-tangent

That's it. Location: Hungary
1/20/2011 7:16 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I live in Norway and have not been able to play any of the videos dpolsrod mentions in his post. I only get the «Sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed from within the United States.» message.
1/20/2011 7:54 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
i'm from slovakia and i can't watch any of the videos :(
1/20/2011 9:46 AM  

Blogger hsg said...
I live in London, and I can't watch any of the Hulu or SNL videos. Which makes me hugely disappointed every time I click through from my RSS reader. I keep thinking I should unsubscribe, but I'm a huge fan of Lonely Island. I think it's inevitable that I will unsubscribe sooner or later - so I'm really glad you're aware of the issue and are interested in addressing it.

You have an international fan base who keep experiencing a Pavlovian sense of disappointment.
1/20/2011 10:01 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...
I live in Canada and I cannot watch any videos from SNL or even shows like Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.
1/20/2011 10:55 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...
Sweden, i cant see any Hulu videos. "Currently only works in US" is what it tells me when i try. I just watch the full SNL eps instead :)
1/20/2011 11:46 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...
I am from Canada and I cannot watch any video that is on hulu or nbc
1/20/2011 12:26 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
Ah, New Zealand can now also say "Hulu only works from the USA"!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4188/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-harpoon-man
1/20/2011 1:19 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
hi, in Brazil, wana see Stumblin' pleaseeee
1/20/2011 1:44 PM  

Blogger angry said...
stumblin, all Mac Grubers, Giraffes!, Sloths!, Body Fuzion, United Way, Harpoon Man, Apocalypto recut, I Broke My Arm. these wont work in Ireland...
all the rest work fine!!!
1/20/2011 2:37 PM  

Blogger António Choupina, Arch. said...
Yeah, I'm from Portugal and we have the exact same issue with the videos mentioned on the previous comment from Ireland: "stumblin, all Mac Grubers, Giraffes!, Sloths!, Body Fuzion, United Way, Harpoon Man, Apocalypto recut, I Broke My Arm". Most videos on Hulu "can only be streamed within the USA" so I'm actually surprised that so many of your other digital shorts were working... Keep up the good work 'cause you guys are hilarious!!! Cheers
1/20/2011 3:30 PM  

Blogger Dan P said...
jaknudsen: The videos I linked to in my post are videos I'm not able to view either, which are:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/141564/saturday-night-live-backstage-boombox#s-p3-sr-i2
and
http://www.hulu.com/watch/1378/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-apocalypto-recut#s-p16-sr-i2

Which version of the messages are you getting? The one with the black background and white text or the one where you can type in your e-mail address? If it's the last one, you can try just clicking the "Close" button and reloading the page. That works for most of the videos I watched.

Try these videos. They are working for me:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/1422/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-lettuce#s-p19-sr-i2
http://www.hulu.com/watch/34464/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-space-olympics#s-p10-sr-i2
http://www.hulu.com/watch/47604/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-j-in-my-pants#s-p9-sr-i2
http://www.hulu.com/watch/56632/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-im-on-a-boat#s-p8-sr-i2

Every single one of those videos work for me.
1/22/2011 5:48 AM  

Blogger Erhann said...
Same as the others, i can't watch any of them. And I'm from France.
1/22/2011 7:44 AM  

Blogger Leisrbags said...
Having trouble watching "Body Fuzion". I'm in Brazil.
1/22/2011 5:54 PM  

Blogger Qorviq said...
i am in zaire and i am having difficulty streaming a video of which i was told highlights some stuff about some stuff!! why are you unable to help me with this problem i am experiencing in being unable to stream a video of which i was told highlights some stuff about some stuff?
1/23/2011 3:03 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hulu, please support international audiences to view SNL Shorts.

Thank You!
Canadian
1/23/2011 12:25 PM  

Blogger Allesson said...
Doesn't work in Sweden. But just some vids.
1/23/2011 3:30 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
i am in spain and i`m having problems watching "the tangent", all the others work.
1/23/2011 4:57 PM  

Blogger jacobo said...
I´m from Colombia and i can´t see this video
http://www.hulu.com/watch/187729/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-i-broke-my-arm
1/23/2011 8:06 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
I`m in South korea. some clips doesn`t work.:(
1/24/2011 5:16 AM  

Blogger Sam W said...
No videos works in New Zealand
1/24/2011 3:09 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
The only video I have been unable to watch here in England is 'Body Fuzion".
1/24/2011 6:34 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
hi im in the uk (england)and I was trying to watch saturday night live
But it did not work
1/25/2011 2:17 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...
Hi,
My location is Bulgaria and I can't watch

STUMBLIN'
THE TANGENT
DOPPLEGANGER
HARPOON MAN
APOCALYPTO RECUT
SLOTHS!
I BROKE MY ARM
LAZY SUNDAY LIVE
VIRGANIA HORSEN'S PONY EXPRESS
GIRAFFES!!
BODY FUZION

All the best,
M.
1/25/2011 8:22 AM  

Blogger Aris Syllogidis said...
nothing in Greece...

HELP

:p
1/25/2011 8:59 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...
All the McGrubbers + Lasert Cats 3D I'm in Southamerica, Paraguay, Asuncion
1/25/2011 9:36 AM  

Blogger Raffo said...
Doesn't work in Italy!
1/25/2011 2:18 PM  

Blogger Mark said...
Amazing news, just came back work and what a surprise! Finally I can watch Hulu SNL sketches with no problems.

Thanks from Portugal
1/26/2011 2:40 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
SNL Shorts working great in Perth Western Australia.
ISP is iiNet btw.

Thanks!
1/26/2011 4:38 AM  

Blogger Leisrbags said...
Can't watch "I Broke my Arm". I'm in Brazil.
1/26/2011 8:24 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
Hi, On August I was on vacation in the Dominican Republic (The Caribbean), and I wasnt able to see any of the videos.
1/26/2011 8:40 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
cant see in dublin ireland sort it out fellurz
1/27/2011 6:25 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
I'm in London and I can't watch any of the Macgruber sketches.
1/29/2011 5:14 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
I'm in mtl and can't watch vids
1/30/2011 1:09 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
I'm in England and I can't watch any videos.
1/30/2011 4:11 PM  

Blogger Asesinos Cereales said...
I'm from Argentina and I can't watch any vids

http://www.hulu.com/watch/211075/saturday-night-live-el-shrinko#s-p1-sr-i1
1/31/2011 10:05 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
They are working fine from Copenhagen Denmark.

http://pizzapartee.tumblr.com
2/02/2011 7:43 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...
Hey there,

I'm from Portugal and it's not working either!
2/02/2011 10:59 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
omg you guys are so cool! Thanks for working that out for us!!
2/02/2011 11:42 AM  

Blogger kawalkadapedzacychmysli said...
Giraffes! doesn`t work in Poland.
2/02/2011 1:59 PM  

Blogger FabDelv said...
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/stumblin
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/i-broke-my-arm
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-9-betty-white
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-8-barkley
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/snl-promo-justin-timberlake
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-7-macgyver
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/virgania-horsens-pony-express
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/giraffes
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/jam-the-vote
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-6-Josh-Brolin
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-5-shia-labeouf
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/snl-promo-roof-garden (expired)
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/laser-cats-3-d
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-4-jonah-hill
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/virgania-horsens-balloon-rides
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-3-seth-rogen
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/dog-lover (not becouse the region)
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-2-molly-shannon
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/united-way
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/sloths
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/body-fuzion
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/nurse-nancy (music copyright issues)
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/macgruber-1-jeremy-piven
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/apocalypto-recut
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/harpoon-man
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/peyote (expired)
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/ariel-and-efrim
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/doppleganger
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/the-tangent

do not work in Luxembourg
thank you for making them work
2/02/2011 4:46 PM  

Blogger Lex Penn said...
stumblin' - brazil
2/02/2011 11:18 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
Hi, dudes.

I can't watch Stumblin' with the two Pauls.

I live in Vancouver B.C. Canada.

Also, I can't wait to get your new albums, around what month is it coming out?

I also bought your old album the month it came out (March 2009?)and my little brothers and I have listen to it constantly since then.

But I just recently realized there's a "DELUX" version of Incredibad, with DVD!! I want to buy it again, but it's nowhere to be found!

Is there any place you'd recommend me to go?

Thanks, and keep up the good work! :D

-Ian Chen
2/03/2011 2:40 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hi,

I'm in England, seem to be ok with the music videos, but all the other Hulu videos, I get the error message.

Thanks guys,

Kirsty
2/03/2011 4:38 PM  

Blogger Shawna said...
Canada can't see the roommate parody
2/06/2011 7:50 PM  

Blogger Holmfry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
2/06/2011 10:36 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/the-roommate
Hungary
2/07/2011 12:37 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...
http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/the-roommate
Taiwan R.O.C need you guys toooooo!!
2/07/2011 9:14 AM  

Blogger dejaelpuchoysaliacorrer said...
Hey guys! I'm from argentina and i can't see "The roommate"

Thanks and lot of kisses to you!
2/07/2011 12:23 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
Hi, I can't see The roomate too from France... Thx !
2/07/2011 1:17 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
Hey you guys! im from Norway and most of the SNL shorts are "currently unavible in my region"
2/08/2011 3:31 PM  

Blogger Nick Nickolov & Peter Ivanov said...
I cant watch The Roommate from Ontario, Canada =(
2/09/2011 1:14 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...
I am in spain, and i can`t see the roommate either ,because it says that " it`s currently unavailable in my region "
many thanks for making the videos work for all of us.
Regards from the capital of Spain
2/10/2011 7:19 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
Hi, I can't watch Laser Cats 1 and 4 (episodes 2,3 and 5 are OK) and also the Backtage videos (Boombox, On the Boat, ...); The Mirror and Doppleganger .. I'm from the Czech Republic and I'd totally appreciate if somebody could fix that, thanks :)
2/11/2011 6:20 PM  

Blogger Bishiboosh said...
French here, I can't see the last video (The Roommate), maybe others, didn't try.
2/13/2011 3:40 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
I can't watch The Roommate, I'm in the UK (England). I youtubed it but still thought I'd let you know... tried others and they're not working either GRR!

KF BR 392

P.S. Your website's ugly - get some flash on the go, it's needs an update!!
2/14/2011 9:49 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
I can't watch "The Roommate" in Australia!
2/15/2011 3:08 AM  

Blogger dregus said...
The Roommate not streaming for Brazil...
2/16/2011 10:07 PM  

Blogger Myria Hutagalung said...
I can't watch anything, and I'm from Indonesia. Pleaseeeee let me watch the videos :(
2/18/2011 1:38 PM  

Blogger Deathshead said...
Hey.........am in Saudi Arabia n can not view some of the videos as i'm not in USA!!!
2/20/2011 6:23 AM  

Blogger berzelius said...
OLA! From the United States of the PHILIPPINES here. Please allow us access to watch SNL DIGITAL Shorts.
2/25/2011 9:32 AM  

Blogger JessicaFort said...
Hi, I'm from Argentina and i still cannot watch any SNL stuff :((.... BTW Guys you're amazing!!
3/06/2011 2:46 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
Cannot watch "the roommate" short. They don't all work in New Zealand. Please help!!!!
3/06/2011 4:55 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
The Roommate. Can't play it in Scotland, United Kingdom. Gutted.
3/07/2011 10:22 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
The Roomate Cant play in NY,NY(south]
3/08/2011 7:43 PM  

Blogger Dr2b said...
I am in Israel and none of them work for me..
I was reading some of this comments... How cool is it that you have all these fans all over the world. Just shows how awesome you guys are :)
3/15/2011 2:40 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
At your music page where you have old demo songs:
ardy pardy - Link doesn't exist....

It would probably noy matter but Im from sweeden.
3/22/2011 4:46 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...
In Croatia some of the videos doesn't work :(
3/26/2011 1:16 PM  

Blogger Bacon said...
I'm from Canada, and all the Digital Shorts work for me, EXCEPT the ones WITHOUT the 'SNL Digital Shorts' logo at the beginning. For example; any MacGruber sketches, Ariel and Efrim, Apocalypto Recut, Body Fuzion and Giraffes/Sloths, among others. Thanks guys, keep up the kablammo work! :)
3/29/2011 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home